A classic rustic style wedding is a country wedding at Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm! Our experienced team will accompany you every step of the way, ensuring you are able to relax and enjoy your wedding.
On Your Wedding Day – A Rustic Country Destination Wedding Done Your Way!
Your wedding will come to life with regionally inspired seasonal cuisine in natural, earthy wedding ceremony settings, with beautifully unique wedding altars, rustic wedding photo settings, and elegant wedding receptions – designed to capture your guests’ imaginations. Farm weddings can take place all season long – from spring through winter, with both outdoor and indoor solutions.
Guests will be seated at long tables draped with crisp white tablecloths, accented with burlap runners and farm flowers that burst with vibrant colors. The perfect thing about rustic weddings is the lack of predictability and the ability to make distinctive differences come together in a delightful way!
The fundamental beauty of our farm weddings are the simple personal touches that speak volumes, both at the ceremony and reception. We’ll help you charm your guests with farm elegance, chalkboard signs, wedding sentiments, family photos, with personal touches that create memories for a lifetime.
A rustic wedding at the farm is green and budget friendly, with cost savings included with the use of elements and decorations straight from nature and the farm. Whether you’ve travelled across Alberta or halfway around the world, Prairie Gardens has all the elements to make your wedding a personalized, special celebration, in Edmonton’s countryside.Enquire Today >
Country Wedding Packages Start at $2500.00
2016-2017 Wedding Packages include:
- Ceremony and/or Reception at the Farm
- Personalized packages to accommodate your needs and budget
- On-site wedding coordinator to help you through every stage of the planning process
Ideal for intimate weddings on the farm – spring, summer, fall and winter – the natural beauty of the farm provides a wonderful backdrop.
- Now booking wedding packages for 50-300 guests 2016/2017
- Private wedding grounds for your ceremony and reception
- Scheduled wedding rehearsal at farm with option for informal rehearsal dinner
- Free parking for all guests with a train ride to the wedding ceremony location
- Beautiful rustic wedding photo locations for you and your photographer
- Plenty of family friendly activities to entertain your guests in between the ceremony and reception – a corn maze, petting farm, unique shopping,play areas, gem mine and train rides
- Unique straw-bale seating for up to 100 guests
- Country decor with charming country flair
- Simple wooden banquet chairs (fits most chair covers) made elegant with a burlap bow or straw-bale seating for up to 100 guests for the ceremony
Packages also Include:
- Unique location for Wedding Reception & Dance
- Delicious local food, much of it made with produce we grow here on the farm
On-Farm Reception & Optional Assistance
- On-farm catering for brunch or dinner receptions
- Local food featuring our own farm fresh produce
- Floral arrangements, bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding party
- Marriage commissionaire bookings
- Musicians – Excellent country-folk music band
- Big top tent and special event rentals – tables, linens, portable dance floors, microphones & speakers
- Insurance: Wedding parties must obtain their own wedding liability policies, with Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm listed as an additional insured. Please go to: www.palcanada.com
Weddings Ceremony Package
2016 – $2,500 + GST
All packages include a 50% non refundable deposit. Please ask for a quote on your reception & catering, wedding flowers, white pumpkins or for musicians.
Ask us – we can help! We offer country chic wedding catering featuring customized menus for your special day! Menus feature country cooking, and include our own fresh farm produce, beef, salads, potatoes,and beverages. Please give us a call to discuss your inspirations with us!
Our couples love that we have relationships with other wedding vendors. We can assist with tent and plate rentals, chefs, local food, and local wineries. We can connect you with a wonderful wedding commissionaire; a floral designer for the flowers, an excellent inexpensive folk/ jazz/ country music group. We offer fabulous built in fun, including the petting zoo, corn maze, gem mine, ice cream parlour, old thyme photo parlour for U-Snap photos, gift shops, gardens, and a Kids FunZone.
We have greenhouse pavilions that seat up to 140 guests, or big top tents that accommodate up to 250 guests, but we ask that you encourage all guests to bring umbrellas for outdoor ceremonies – this is Alberta!
Receptions and Menu Options
We offer country catering and can customize your menu and food experience from a simple luncheon buffet to a sit down five course meal featuring fresh produce from our farm, paired with proteins from neighboring farms.
The average price range is from $17 per person hors d’oeuvre receptions to $49 per person for full buffet style meals.
They really listened to what it was that we wanted and were realistic and honest with what could be achieved. We were never pressured to do anything we didn’t want to do. My fiancé and I wanted a very intimate and meaningful wedding, with a very relaxed feel. “Picnic Chic” was the term I used to describe the vision to Prairie Gardens, our family and friends; which by the day of our wedding had come to fruition.
Our day was intimate and casual and yet at the same time was beautiful and whimsical. My husband and I are very environmentally conscience and it was important to us for our wedding day to be no exception. This was not a problem, for the food and catering options were incredible, with the majority of he food harvested and made from Prairie Gardens and their staff.
All of the beautiful flowers used that day were grown from Prairie Gardens. And with all of the natural beauty and places around the gardens, pictures could be taken right within Prairie Gardens. Most of the décor came right from Prairie Gardens as well, pumpkins, hay bales and all! It was also convenient for guest being only a short distance out of Edmonton with ample parking.”
– Laura Thomey, Bride
Last July our daughter was married at Prairie Gardens. It was a fun filled day and stress free because of the professional staff who were so helpful from the beginning stages of ceremony locations and banquet choices, continuing to be helpful and cooperative through the planning and on to the actual day. Staff was courteous, efficient and at the same time “invisible” throughout the day. They were attentive to the details and pending weather conditions so that we had the best day possible.
The banquet meal was absolutely scrumptious and plentiful. They also catered to special diet needs which was much appreciated.
The Adventure Farm itself was a highlight for our guests as they mingled between ceremony and banquet, enjoying the sunshine at picnic tables, and tasting the lemonade and ice cream etc. that was provided.
A huge thank you to Kelly and Tam and your staff for making this day such a happy memorable day for all of us.
– Judy and Ron Hoefling