Our 4th Annual Hop Easter Fest made the news!
Thanks to your overwhelming support this past weekend, our 4th Annual Hop Easter Fest made the news… and we are thrilled! Have a look below to check out the articles where Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm featured:
- Edmonton Sun – Cam Tait: Easter is a time of new beginnings
- Edmonton Journal – Gallery: Celebrating Easter in Edmonton
Thanks again to everyone who supported this event. YOU made it awesome!
Help Save the Bees!
Attracting Bees to the Garden & How You Can Help the Bees in Your Own Garden – You’ve probably heard by now that bees are disappearing. There’s plenty you can do in your own garden to help local bee populations survive and thrive. Join us for this short and sweet workshop (honey samples provided) , and learn all kins of useful tips that will help you create a beautiful garden that is helpful to bees and other beneficial insects. Learn how to create diversity and color, organic growing tips, and what to plant to provide nectar for the bees. Take home a sample packet of Borage – Bees Love These seeds!
Seed Starting Basics Workshop
Seed Gardening is a great way to save money and Easter is a great time to start! To take a small, dormant capsule of life and unlock its culinary and/or aesthetic potential is glorious indeed! There are few gardening experiences as rewarding as gardening from seed. If you’re a novice gardener and you’re wondering whether you need to start your seeds indoors our out, we’ll give you some easy tips that will help you choose the right time and place to sow your seeds. You’ll go home with your choice of seeds to get growing right away!
Professor Cornelius Copperpot has been entertaining families at Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm for years. He brings a great blend of magic, juggling and comedy to “amaze, amuse, confound and confuse”. Don’t miss Professor Copperpot’s specially themed Bunny shows on 12 noon and 2 pm each day.
Heather D. Swain – International Street Performer! – 11am to 2 pm on Good Friday, Saturday, Easter Sunday, and Holiday Monday as Daffi-Dill! Heather D. Swain, international street performer will be hopping about Prairie Gardens during the Holiday weekend in one of her many guises. Meet her favorite characters – Daffy-Dill. “I’ve been to festivals all over the world! This wonderful little farm festival is the only place in the world where I see the “First-Timer” smile all day long! It’s the First Time to hold a chick, the first time to hear a Mommy sheep baaaaa for her lamb, the First time to go on a hay ride, the first time to be on a real working farm”. Heather
Circle Drummer Deb Bortscher– Interactive Rhythm facilitator Deb Bee (Deborah Bortscher) planting seeds of rhythm and inspiration- inter-generational drumming fun, rhythm games, shake an egg, and hop hop hop. 12 – 4pm “What I do is circular drumming – everyone is at the same level. It is my mandate to help people discover their own inner rhythm to create in the moment music. I do this with games, song and African inspired rhythms as a base to facilitate creativity.” Deb
Phileas Flash Improv Comedian & Amazing Balloon Modeler – Free Balloon Art for the Kids – 12noon – 3pm “The Michaelangelo of balloon art!” – Alberta Primetime For the past thirteen years international award winning balloon twister Phileas Flash has been capturing hearts worldwide with his brilliant brand of balloon art and charming comedy. Armed only with a little wit, a lot of talent and a big bag of balloons he’s traveled all over the globe and amazed audiences everywhere from Iceland to Egypt, Australia to Dominican Republic and everywhere in between. Phileas has performed for Hollywood celebrities, twisted balloons for dukes and duchesses and frequently appears on television. So if you’ve ever been blown away by a balloon dog be prepared, you are about to be blindsided by the balloony brilliance of Phileas Flash!
- Eggstraspecial Easter Egg Flower Bouquets – 3 tokens ($3.15)
- Lost Lemon Gem Mine! Buckets of ore laden with gems to pan out. $5 & up Best when above freezing.
- Garden Centre Shopping for Eggscellent Herbs, Pansies and Early Spring Flowers!
- New! Cotton Candy Cabin Fresh spun cotton candy, popcorn and sweet treats! $3 & up
- Grandma’s Fudge Shop – Laden with delectable fudge and Easter treats! $5 & up
- Bunny Pull Prizes 3 Tokens ($3.15)
- Ice Cream Stoop – Foothills Creamery Ice Cream Cones $3 – $5
- Frontier Peanut and Pumpkin Seed Brittle – Meet the makers for free samples. $5 & up
- Professional Easter Photo Mini-Sessions with Ellie & Barkley Photography $5 – $20
Join our First to Know Club! Get Discounts and Special Offers > Prairie Gardens E-Newsletter
Invalid Displayed Gallery
SPRING FAMILY FUN!
We kicked off Spring with an amazing Easter long weekend at Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm with 4 full days of Family Fun from March 25th – 28th. Our 4th Annual Hop Easter Fest was a success and we look forward to doing it all over again next year. Don’t despair if you missed it this time around, there are plenty of events and activities coming up as the weather gets warmer!
Hop Easter Fest 2016 rundown
Below is a brief rundown of the Eggscellent Activities that made up the long weekend:
- Easter Bunny Breakfast Pancakes with Singer & Songwriter Celeigh Cardinal performing (Fri, Sat, Sun & Monday)
- Easter Bunny Photo Poses
- Easter Egg Hunts
- Drumming & Egg Shaker Workshops for Kids with Deb
- Petting Farm with Chicks and Baby Goats!
- Prairie Garden’s Puppet Shows
- Spring Crafts for the Kids
- El Niven’s Folk Music
- Easter Magic Shows (Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon) with Professor Copperpot
- Hay Rides or Train Rides around the Farm
- Mud, Mud glorious mud!
- Bale Mazes
- Free Bunny Noses and Whiskers Face Painting
- Free Kids Planting Projects
- Wild Bird Pine Cone Feeders for the Robins & Blue Jays
- Easter Colouring Sheets for the Kids!
Easter Fire-Roasted Farm Lunch
- Featuring Prairie Gardens own Russian Fingerling Dill n’ Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Pumpkin or Veggie Soup made with our own farm veggies
- Localyl made Farmer’s Sausage or European Hot Dog from Renaissance Meats – Camrose
- Cobbs Bread Rustic Bun
- Pumpkin Pancake or our Own Homemade Fudge for Dessert
- Eggstra Fun!